- News Tag
- Office Raised Floor Solution
- Raised Access Floor System Guide
- Raised Floor Projects
- Server Room Raised Floor Solution
- Vinyl Flooring Guide
- Access Floor Panels
- Access Floor Application
- Access Floor Categories
- Access Floor Accessories
Access Floor Covering
- Raised Floor Specifications
Anti-static Raised Floor Installation Guide - Construction Technique, Laying Tips, Acceptance Criteria and More
The conductivity of access floor is determined by the floor covering, like the floor with ceramic, PVC and melamine finishes are anti-static raised floors. Raised floor is widely used in the data center, computer rooms, rail transit and other environments requiring wires. To ensure the long service life and durability, it's important to master the correct floor construction technique, method, requirements, laying tips and acceptance criteria, check out the anti-static raised floor installation guide on Accessfloorstore.com as below.
Anti-static Raised Floor Installation Guide/Tips
Floor Laying Tips
Floor paving preparation
1. The ground, wall and wall foundation of the anti-static raised floor construction site must be clean, flat and dry, which meets the acceptance standards of local buildings.
2. Moisture-proof disposal should be carried out on the cement floor (laying EPE damp-proof cloth and checking a pre-buried wire and water pipe).
3. Implement a closed water experiment, ensure no water seepage or water leakage.
4. Make sure the installation of doors and windows have completed and closed conditions are available.
5. The reserved height at the bottom of the door meets the standard.
Floor paving procedures
Ground wiring construction -> Ground moisture-proof treatment -> Check out whether water pipes, wires, cables meet construction requirements
Floor paving precautions
1. Floor laying is generally staggered cross-paving
2. In order to make the floor seam straight and even, you should pull line to check once when every three to five rows of the floor laid, if not straight, adjust timely.
3. After the floor paved, install the kickboard directly and clean in time, protect the finished product.
Floor Construction Technique, Methods & Key Points
1. Base treatment: The skeleton of raised access floor is supported on the ground base of cast-in-situ concrete with cement mortar. The base surface is smooth, clean and dust-free, the moisture content is not more than 8%.
2. Finding the middle, measure the corner if square, dividing grid and set the line: according to the plane size and equipment layout of the room, select the laying direction of access floor panel based on the quantities.
3. To install fixed adjustable raised floor pedestal and stringer, check the elevation control line on the wall around the original room firstly, and determine the datum according to the selected laying direction and sequence.
4. To place the floor panels, check the cable and pipeline under the access floor, and then lays the anti-static raised access floor after making sure that it is correct.
5. Cleaning and waxing: Cleaning and polishing the floor surface.
Floor Construction Requirements
1. Anti-static floor construction standards to the laying area are very high, for example, the floor should be laid after the completion of indoor civil construction and decoration and the floor must be flat, clean and dust-free.
2. The heavy equipment base should be fixed and the equipment should be installed on the base, then the base height should be the same as the floor upper surface.
3. In the process of floor construction, you should also be cautious and careful. Check the smoothness of the ground and the verticality of the wall carefully. If it is found that it does not meet the construction requirements, submit the problem to the relevant departments.
4. The raised access floor is mainly composed of two parts: the floor and the shelf. When setting up, the shelf should be overhead first, make it not contact the ground, so that the floor can have enough space to set up and enough installation space below, to facilitate ventilation and keep dry as well. The raised floor is suspended on the ground, so the height requirement is very particular. If the ground is higher, the load-bearing capacity will be smaller. If the distance from the ground is too close, it will not be anti-static. Generally speaking, the distance between the raised floor and the ground is 10-30 cm. If there are cables under the floor, the height should not be less than 20 cm away from the ground.
Floor Acceptance Criteria/Standards
Different access floor applications may have different certain floor acceptance criteria, here is the part of acceptance standards for reference.
1. Anti-static access floor construction includes base treatment, installation of floor brackets, beams, diagonal braces, installation of the grounding system, laying floor construction, testing, and quality inspection.
2. The temperature of the construction site should be between 10-35 degrees Celsius and relative humidity should be less than 80%. Ventilation should be good.
Materials, equipment, and tools:
Construction materials shall meet the requirements. When there is no special requirement in the design, the following requirements should be met: the anti-static raised floor should be flat and firm, the adhesion between the board and the surface should be firm, and it should have the properties of wear resistance, moisture-proof, flame retardant and so on. The surface of flooring pedestal, stringers, and diagonal braces should be smooth, and the steel parts should be galvanized or other rust-proof treatment. The anti-static performance index, mechanical performance, and appearance quality should meet the requirements of SJ/T10796. It should be stored in a ventilated and dry warehouse, away from alkali and other corrosive substances, and strictly prohibited from sunshine and rain outside.